With varieties you can set different groups of items in your catalog. You can then assign those varieties to different customers. For example, you only want to show the dairy products to customer A, only liquor products to customer B, and all of the catalog to customer C.
To do so:
First turn on the Varieties option in your account. Go to the account settings -> Profile and check the box “Support varieties”. The Varieties icon will appear on the left blue panel.
Note: if you turn on the variety option, consider turning on “Publish full catalog if no variety is set” in your settings. This means that if you do not associate a variety to a specific customer, this customer will see the entire catalog. If you do not have this option turned on and you do not assign a variety, the customer will see an empty catalog.
2. Click Varieties on the left menu.
3. Click New variety.
4. Give it a meaningful name and click OK. The variety will be added to the list of varieties.
5. Click Edit and you will be presented with your full catalog.
6. Select the items you would like to include in this variety by clicking the checkbox next to the items and click Save. You will see the list of items in the variety. If you would like to add more items, deselect the option at the top “Display variety only” and you will see the full catalog again.
7. Repeat the process to create as many varieties as you like.
To assign a variety to a customer:
Click Customers on the left menu -> click on customer’s name to open their details -> select a variety from the dropdown list.
You have the option to create pricing groups. This means that you can show the same items in your catalog with different prices to different customers.
To do so:
Click Pricing groups on the left menu.
Click New pricing group, give it a meaningful name and click OK.
The new pricing group will be added to the list of groups.
Click Open on the right hand side.
You will be presented with your full catalog and prices. Add a discount rate to the item prices you would like to edit in this group. Click Save.
To assign a pricing group to a customer:
Click Customers on the left menu -> click on customer’s name to open their details -> select a pricing group from the dropdown list.