- Login to your SO chain account.
- If you would like to connect to Square from the chain level make sure the "Branches can manage their own menus" under the Settings > Profile section is turned off. If you to connect to Square from the brach accounts please let us know so we will set your account to allow that. In addition make sure the "Branches can manage their own menus" under the Settings > Profile section is turned on.
- On the left menu click Settings > Add-ons. If Add-ons does not exist please contact SimpleOrder support.
- Look for Square on the list of add-ons and click Connect.
- You will be redirected to Square’s login page where you will be asked to login to your account. Login to your multi-location account in Square and authorize the connection.
- You will receive an email from SimpleOrder's support indicating that the connection is approved.
- Once you receive an email from SimpleOrder confirming the connection, click Menu on the left menu, then click Sync. Your menu items and modifiers will sync. Modifiers are add-ons to your menu such as cheese added to a burger.Note: if you have variations for a menu item in Square, we will create all of them in SimpleOrder. For example, Burger has two two sizes in Square: "6oz" and "8oz", two menu items will be created in SimpleOrder as they have different names and SKU's.
Your SimpleOrder is now connected to your POS. Any time you add a menu item on Square you can sync it with SimpleOrder by clicking on the sync button at the top right hand side on the Menu page in SimpleOrder.
In order to delete menu items that you are not using in Square anymore, disconnect Square from SimpleOrder in the settings section. Now your menu items will have a bin icon next to them. Re-connect to Square.
Note: In order to benefit the integration to the fullest and automate your inventory, you should add menu ingredients to each menu item and each modifier. Please refer to our help section on your account for detailed instructions. Help > Getting started videos > Building your menu items.
** For chain accounts it is advisable to add SKUs to the items in Square.